Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Darling Baby Bonnet


A few weeks ago, my husband bought me a sewing machine and since then I've been busily getting to know my way around it. Luckily, I have two beautiful little models to sew for! One of the first projects I tackled was a baby bonnet. I found a tutorial online that seemed simple, read it about a thousand times, pressed EVERYTHING, and dove in!

Here is the tutorial I followed. It was incredibly easy to follow, and the pictures are fabulous for you visual learners (like me)!
The Cottage Home Ruffle Bonnet Tutorial


I ended up making two bonnets for my little Katie Marie- one for her 4th of July outfit (and our family trip to Nashville) and one more just because. Here they are:









I followed the tutorial fairly closely. I did, however make a few tiny changes. With the first bonnet, the "Americana" patterned one, I was too intimidated to make my own ruffle so I bought one and sewed it in as directed. With the second bonnet, the blue floral, I was too lazy to make my own tie straps, so I bought a pretty pink sheer ribbon and used that. Either way, it was a cinch to make and took me a total of about 1.5 to 2 hours per bonnet (and most of that with a crazy toddler and teething baby running around)! Now I'm off to make a ton more!!

Click Here to See Where I'm Linking Up!



No comments:

Post a Comment